What is the Consortium Agreement?
The consortium agreement form is for Iowa State University (ISU) students enrolled in less than 12 semester credit hours requesting financial aid to cover credits being taken both at ISU and at another institution, in the same semester.
It is strongly encouraged that students completing a consortium agreement are registered for all courses at both the host institution and ISU prior the start of that specified ISU term. If this action does not occur, not all credits may be counted towards federal aid eligibility. Questions regarding this process can be directed to: email@example.com.
ISU students are responsible for any expenses (i.e., tuition, fees, books) charged by the other (host) institution prior to when ISU financial aid is disbursed/available. The ISU student’s financial aid will not be disbursed until the Office of Student Financial Aid receives the Consortium Agreement completed by all parties (but not prior to approved disbursement dates).
A transcript of the classes for which the student is receiving financial aid must be sent to Iowa State University Admissions Office and show on the student’s permanent record before another consortium agreement will be reviewed. Future disbursement of aid will be held until a transcript is received.
- The student must be taking at least one semester course at ISU to qualify for financial aid through the ISU
Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).
- Student must have completed at least one semester at ISU before a consortium agreement will be considered.
- The consortium agreement will release federal financial aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins Loans, Federal Direct
Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans, Parent PLUS Loans, and the TEACH Grant) and private student loans.
- The consortium agreement will not release ISU Grant, scholarships, or State of Iowa grants and scholarships
unless the student is enrolled with enough ISU credits to retain qualification for these funds.
- The ISU student is responsible for any expenses (i.e., tuition, fees, books) charged by the other (host)
institution prior to when ISU financial aid is disbursed/available
- The ISU student’s financial aid will not be disbursed until the ISU OSFA receives the consortium agreement
completed by all parties (but not prior to approved disbursement dates).
- A transcript of the classes for which the student is receiving financial aid must be sent to and accepted by ISU
as transfer credit before another consortium agreement will be reviewed. (Future financial aid disbursements may
be held until a transcript is received by ISU.)
- The student must inform the ISU OSFA in writing if they drop any courses at the other (host) institution.
- The host institution must promptly inform the ISU OSFA in writing if the student withdraws from the host
institution or drops a course reported in the agreement.
- The host institution does not provide financial aid to the student for the semester specified in the agreement.
- Consortium agreements will not be approved for previously completed semesters. The consortium agreement must be
submitted before the completion of the semester in which aid is requested.
- The student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress at both Iowa State University and the host
Eligible Consortium Financial Aid Programs
|Federal Pell Grant||Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant||Federal PLUS Loan|
|Federal Teach Grant|
Ineligible Consortium Financial Aid Programs
|ISU Grant||Transfer Achievement Award (TAA)*|
|Supplemental ISU Grant||Return to Iowa-Generations*|
|Academic Recognition Award (ARA)*||Non-resident Initiative to Command Excellence (NICE)*|
|Award for Competitive Excellence (ACE)*||All-Iowa/State/USA*|
|Cardinal Leadership Scholar Award*||Loyal Scholarship*|
|Forever Scholarship*||True Scholarship*|
|Adventure Award*||Journey Award*|
|Guest Award*||Generations Award*|
|Quest Award||Exploration Award|
|Expedition Award||Compass Award|
|Grand Award||Transfer Achievement Award|
|Transfer Success Award||Transfer Expedition Award|
*If a student is not enrolled in 12+ credits at Iowa State University, the award is not available for
the semester. If the student is full time between Iowa State University and another college/university, the award
can be renewed for future semesters. However, the semester with a consortium agreement will still count as one of
the eight total semesters to receive the award.
Filling Out a Consortium Agreement
The Office of Student Financial Aid is now processing Consortium Agreements through Adobe Sign. The traditional process remains the same, but all parties involved are prompted to complete their portion of the form through the Adobe Sign process via email.
The ISU student must initiate the process by completing the Adobe Sign form below. To start, click continue on the bottom of the form, then the yellow start arrow.Office of Student Financial Aid
0210 Beardshear Hall
515 Morrill Road
Ames, IA 50011-2103
Phone: (515) 294-2223
Fax: (515) 294-0851