Financial Aid Award Timeline
New to Iowa State this fall?
Award letters will be viewable in AccessPlus under “Financial Aid” then “Financial Aid Award” on the following dates:
- January 30, 2018: New direct from high school students
- March 20, 2018: Transfer students
- April 17, 2018: Continuing students and new graduate students
2017 Federal Tax Benefits for Higher Education
2018-2019 URA Program is now open!
The Office of Student Financial Aid is accepting NEW applications for the 2018-2019 Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) Program. To renew your current URA position, or complete a new application, complete the forms as indicated on the Web link below.
- Applications are due by March 30, 2018 for interviews.
- Guidelines, applications and the Letter of Intent form can be found here.
For further information or forms contact:
Julie Arnold Office of Student Financial Aid firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 FAFSA Application Available
Complete this application for financial aid purposes if attending Iowa State in Fall 2018, Spring 2019, or Summer 2019 semesters.
The 2018-2019 FAFSA
became available to file on October 1st.
You will need your FSA ID to file the FAFSA. If you do not have an FSA ID, you can create one at fsaid.ed.gov
. Allow 3 business days for your info to be checked with the Social Security Administration before you will be able to use your FSA ID.
If you are a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID and one parent listed on the FAFSA will need an FSA ID in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. DO NOT create an FSA ID for anyone other than yourself! Each FSA ID needs to be set up with a unique email address.
Looking for a job in 2017-18?
Check into Iowa State University’s America Reads/America Counts
- Are you work-study eligible?
- Looking for meaningful work in the community?
- Currently hiring math and reading tutors.
- This is a paid tutoring position.
- Download an application on our website.
Be sure to check the Student Job Board in AccessPlus
for other job opportunities.