- Find the student you intend to hire in Workday and add them to the proper supervisory organization. (Use this job aid for the full process Hiring Student Employees under Workday Human Capital Management)
- Under the job details section, select “work-study student” in the job profile box.
- Staff in the Student Employment Center will review the student for eligibility and either:
- a. Add the work-study job classification and approve the hire
- b. Send it back with a comment to change the student to the “student worker” profile if they are not currently work-study eligible.
Just prior to the start of the academic year, supervisors will get an email with the award amount approved for student hires. This will be outside the Workday system and will serve as final approval of the student’s eligibility for work-study.
- End employment date for student employees should not exceed May 31st of the current academic year.
- Work-study dates for 2019-2020 academic year are August 16th–May 15th. Prior to and following these dates, if you have a student in the work-study profile, they will not be paid through work-study funds.
Several scenarios can occur that would prevent a student being paid on work-study, even if they have been approved in that job profile. These include:
- Student drops below half-time
- Change in a student’s financial aid award
- Change in a student’s academic standing
- To determine a student’s work-study eligibility, departments can utilize the AccessPlus system or check the Y/N work-study indicator in Workday External Student (external student indicator in Workday will be available September 1st and after).
Please contact the Student Employment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 294-JOBS  with any questions on this process. We appreciate your patience as we implement our new policies and procedures.