- Information students should consider before borrowing student loans.
- The Federal Direct Stafford Loan is a student loan provided by the US Department of Education and administered by Iowa State University.
- The Federal Direct PLUS Loan is available for parents of a dependent student to cover educational costs not already covered by the student’s financial aid package.
- The Federal Perkins Loan is a student loan administered by Iowa State University and drawn from a pool of limited federal funds. The Perkins Loan is awarded on the basis of exceptional financial need.
- The Federal Health and Professions Loan is a student loan available to students enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- The Federal Direct Graduate and Veterinary Medicine PLUS Loan is open to Graduate and Professional Students (including Veterinary Medicine).
- Private loans are offered by private lenders with no federal forms to complete. Eligibility for private student loans often depends on the applicant’s credit score.
- A number of features and services are available to provide assistance managing your loans.