The Student Employment Center provides several resources to students and faculty regarding student employment.
- The SEC operates the Student Job Board, a great resource for finding both Work-Study and non Work-Study jobs
- The America Reads / America Counts Program is a great opportunity for Work-Study employment
- Students must complete their Form I-9 and present original documents to University Human Resources Office, Room 3810, Beardshear Hall
- Student employee benefits and eligible services can be found on the University Human Resources webpage.
- Wage reimbursements can be processed to contracted off-campus non-profit agencies employing Work-Study students
- If departments wish to give pay raises to students working through the Work-Study program, they need to utilize the “Compensation Change” business process in Workday. This will route to the SEC staff for approval as long as the student remains in the Work-Study job profile
- For Off-Campus Employers looking to post job advertisements to the Student Job Board, please fill out the Post a Job Form.
Student Employment GuidanceThe Student Employment Guide provides an overview of Iowa State University’s student employment process. The guide outlines eligibility for student hiring, requirements, standards, practices and tools used to assure compliance with the legal standards set forth in the student hiring process. The guide was developed to consolidate various resources, information and processes that contribute to the student employment experience at ISU.
Student Employment Center Room 0640 Beardshear Hall Ames, IA 50011
Telephone: (515) 294-JOBS 
Normal Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Summer Hours: 7:30am – 4pm Monday – Friday