- Wage reimbursements can be processed to contracted off-campus non-profit agencies employing Work-Study students
- If departments wish to give pay raises to students working through the Work-Study program, they need to utilize the “Compensation Change” business process in Workday. This will route to the SEC staff for approval as long as the student remains in the Work-Study job profile
- For Off-Campus Employers looking to post job advertisements to the Student Job Board, please fill out the Post a Job Form.
Student Employment Guidance
The Student Employment Guide provides an overview of Iowa State University’s student employment process. The guide outlines eligibility for student hiring, requirements, standards, practices and tools used to assure compliance with the legal standards set forth in the student hiring process. The guide was developed to consolidate various resources, information and processes that contribute to the student employment experience at ISU.
Job Board Resources for Employers
Post a Job on the Student Job Board
For interested employers, post a job on our student job board.
Tips for a Successful Job Posting:
- Must be a local position (within about an hour drive of Ames)
- Must be part-time during the academic year, no full-me positions will be approved
- If directing students to apply online, link your application in the job skills/requirements area so it is easier for student to find
- On-Campus employers must post job advertisements through AccessPlus
- Off-Campus employers can use the job posting form
The Student Job Board is ideal for part-time jobs in the community and surrounding area. For positions geared more toward full-time, post-graduation work or internships, a separate system called CyHire is used. CyHire is an online, career management system operated by Career Services at Iowa State. With this system, employers can post positions, schedule on-campus interviews and supply information that students may find useful when evaluating whether to apply for a particular position. Students can easily search the employment opportunities and apply to positions of interest. There are no fees associated with using the system.