Students at Iowa State University perform invaluable work across campus and around the community. Our student employees carry out important services with passion, initiative, and dedication all while cultivating professional skills and helping our university and community thrive. We encourage the recognition and appreciation of the students who provide work vital to the operation of the university.
Student Employee of the Year
- Every year, one outstanding student is honored as ISU’s Student Employee of the Year. Selection is based off of nominees judged in the following key categories: Community Service, Diversity & Inclusion, Leadership, Technology & Innovation, and Critical Thinking.
For more information about our previous winners and guidelines on how to nominate a student employee this year, visit here!
Student Employee Supervisor of the Year
New for 2023! We are excited to recognize the efforts of those working directly with our hourly student employees with the introduction of the Student Employee Supervisor of the Year award. The goal of this award is to recognize the invaluable work of those in direct supervisory roles of hourly student employees. Acting as role models, mentors, coaches, and providing career readiness education outside the classroom.
For more information on how to nominate a student employee supervisor, visit here!
National Student Employment Week
National Student Employment Week is celebrated during the second full week in April every year. Colleges and universities across the country take time to recognize the importance of student employees. This week is a chance for student employers and their supervisors to celebrate the accomplishments of their students.
Objectives of National Student Employment Week
- Enhance awareness of student employment and its important role in the higher education experience
- Recognize students who contribute to the campus and community through their work while attending college
- Recognize students who perform outstanding work in their student employment positions
- Thank the employers who hire students for part-time positions which enhance the student employment program
- Thank employers for their dedication to the student employment process and help make it a success
Learn more about our celebration.