The Student Employment Center provides several resources to students and faculty regarding student employment.
- The SEC operates the Student Job Board, a great resource for finding both work-study and non work-study jobs
- The America Reads / America Counts Program is a great opportunity for work-study employment
- Students may sign up for payroll in the Office of Human Resource Services, Room 3810, Beardshear Hall
- Wage reimbursements can be processed to contracted off-campus non-profit agencies employing work-study students
- If departments wish to give pay raises to students working through the work-study program, they should notify Dawn Smith at email@example.com prior to the effective date of the raise. Without proper SEC notification, the raise will not be recognized by the Payroll office
- Departments wishing to make corrections for payroll involving work-study students should notify Dawn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. The SEC must approve and issue the correction
- For Off-Campus Employers looking to post job advertisements to the Student Job Board, please fill out the Post a Job Form.
Student Employment Center Room 0640 Beardshear Hall Ames, IA 50011
Telephone: (515) 294-JOBS 
Normal Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Summer Hours: 7:30am – 4pm Monday – Friday