Virtual Workshops for Student Employees
Below is a series of workshops designed to help student employees get the most out of their student employment experience. Join experts as they dive in and help you take the next step in your career. The workshops are open to all student employees, regardless of their year in school or major.
- Resumes – April 13, 2021, 1:10 PM – 2:00PM Sponsored and led by the ISU College of Engineering Career Services Office
Learn to build a resume that impresses engineering employers. This webinar covers the basic components of a resume, formatting strategies and emphasizes the importance of tailoring your resume to a particular position. Hear the do’s and don’ts on resume content and style and learn how to market your skills and experience effectively on paper so you stand out above the rest.
- Job Search and Applying for Positions – Apr 13, 2021, 3:10 PM- 4:00PM Sponsored and led by the ISU College of Engineering Career Services Office
Learn how to effectively search and apply for positions. This webinar will help you learn best practices for how to stay organized when submitting multiple applications as well as the importance of tailoring your application materials.
- Professional Communication and Interview Preparation April 14, Noon Sponsored and led by the College of Design Career Services Office
Learn tips, strategies, and resources available for creating effective communications materials for job and internship seeking and preparing for interviews.
- Utilizing Your Part-Time Job in Your Job/Internship Search April 14, 4 PM Sponsored and led by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services Office
- Salary Negotiation April 15, 3:30 PM Sponsored and led by the College of Human Sciences Career Services Office
In life, we negotiate with others about where to eat or what to watch, so why is negotiating your salary any different? Salary negotiation can be tough, but what’s even tougher is not getting what you deserve. Join the College of Human Sciences Career Services for a workshop about salary negotiation on Thursday, April 15th from 3:30 pm – 4:20 pm. We will explore how to prepare for a salary negotiation, determine your needs, and respond to an offer to help you negotiate a salary that reflects your value.
- Current Trends in Recruiting: What to Know Before Starting a Job Search April 16, 10 AM Sponsored and led by the Ivy College of Business Career Services Office
Launching a job search can be complicated – throw in a pandemic and changing recruiting practices and you may find yourself even more overwhelmed. Join Tanya Austin, Assistant Director and Career Coordinator in the Ivy College of Business, as she shares tips and strategies to help you confidently and successfully navigate the current job market.
Free Trivia Events – with Prizes!The Student Employment Center is hosting trivia Monday-Thursday of National Student Employment Week! Test your knowledge by logging in daily. Prizes will be given to overall winners and for winners of BONUS questions. Participation is limited, so don’t be late! There will be a separate registration for each day so we can contact you if you are a winner.
Monday April 12 1 PM
Theme: ISU Cyclones- Register Here
Tuesday April 13 1 PM
Theme: Disney- Register Here
Wednesday April 14 1 PM
Theme: Harry Potter – Register Here
Thursday April 15 1 PM
Theme: Marvel- Register Here
Professional Development for Managers of Student EmployeesWe will offer tips and tools that can help you as a supervisor elevate the student employment experience from “just a job” to career ready. We will also brainstorm ways to celebrate and thank your student employees during National Student Employment Week.
View Recording Here