Individuals who want to complete the Office of Student Financial Aid FinAidScholar application will be required to have an ISU Net-ID.
How to Obtain an ISU Net-ID:
In order for an individual to obtain a Net-ID, you must have your University ID number. This number is sent to students who have been offered admission to ISU as part of the admission packet.
Getting Your ISU Net-ID:
- Open a browser and go to: https://asw.iastate.edu
- Click on “Register for a Net-ID”
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your University ID Number (9 digit number provided in the admission packet)
- The 6 digits in the first box of the “Your ISU CARD#” are the same for every student and cannot be changed. In the second box, enter your University ID Number
- Click “Next”
- Enter your Net-ID choice and password, then re-enter your password to verify
- In Section 4, enter a unique question and answer that only you know
- In Section 5, enter your text-enabled cell phone number
- In Section 6, check the box to accept the terms and conditions for ISU e-mails
- Click “Register” and your Net-ID will be created
A confirmation screen will appear if you have successfully registered your Net-ID. You should be able to use your account later the same day the Net-ID is registered, although all functions that the Net-ID allows may not be available until the following day.