Federal Perkins Loan
The Federal Perkins Loan program ended on September 30th, 2017. No further awards will be made from this program.
Key features of the Federal Perkins Loan
- The Federal Perkins Loan is a subsidized loan. The interest is paid by the federal government while the student remains enrolled at least half-time and during the 9 month grace period.
- There is no origination fee.
- Interest is fixed at 5.0% during repayment.
- The repayment period is 10 years.
- Repayment begins 9 months after the student ceases to be enrolled at least half-time.
- Fixed interest of 5.0% will accrue during repayment.
- For questions regarding repayment of the Federal Perkins Loan, contact Accounts Receivable at (515) 294-3701.