Electronically:If information on the FAFSA was estimated or incorrect on the day of submission:
- Visit fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Enter the student’s FSA ID or Name, Social Security Number (SSN) and Date of Birth.
- Select the year of FAFSA to correct.
- Select ‘Make FAFSA Corrections’ from the options list provided.
- Enter the student’s Department of Education FSA ID and create a password.
- Enter the transaction number needing correction, usually the most recent (or leave blank).
- Change any answers that need to be corrected.
- Follow prompts through until FAFSA has been resubmitted and confirmation number provided.
- Student Social Security Number and Marital Status may not be changed; contact the ISU Office of Student Financial Aid if corrections need to be made on either of these fields
- If tax information has already been provided to the ISU Office of Student Financial Aid for verification purposes, do not make any FAFSA changes unless requested by the office. Contact the office at (515) 294-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional changes.
On Paper:If information on the FAFSA was estimated or incorrect on the day of submission:
- Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 to request a correctable copy of the SAR.
- Make corrections to the paper SAR as necessary.
- When finished, sign and mail the corrected SAR to
Federal Student Aid Programs P.O. Box 7002 Mt Vernon, IL 62864-0072