The Iowa State University Expense Estimator is intended to help new and continuing students estimate their university bill (U-Bill) and the outstanding balance owed or potential financial aid refund after financial aid is applied. The information provided is intended to assist students in creating a personal budget and encourage responsible loan borrowing.
Note: 2023-2024 tuition rates are pending final approval, June 13-14, Board of Regents, State of Iowa.
Estimates are based on expenses directly billed by the university including:
- Mandatory Fees
- Housing if living in a University Residence Hall or University Apartment
- University Meal Plan
Other expenses that can be included in the tool (Additional Expenses section) are:
- Housing if NOT living in a University Residence Hall or University Apartment
- Meals other than University Meal Plans
- Books, Course Materials, Supplies, and Equipment
- Personal Expenses such as Travel, Toiletries, and Laundry
This tool is for planning purposes only.
Your actual U-Bill will be available in AccessPlus prior to the start of each semester.