|Tuition & Fees||$27,879||$58,777
|Food & Housing||$9,640||$9,640|
|Books, Course Materials, Supplies, and Equipment||$1,091||$1,091
|Anticipated Personal Expenses||$3,660||$3,660|
|Total Expected Cost of Attendance||$42,270||$73,168|
The cost of attendance is an estimate of the costs of being enrolled for one year at Iowa State University. Students are assigned a financial aid budget based on their estimated cost of attendance, which is used to determine the maximum amount of financial aid needed. To help with understanding your cost of attendance, planning tools are available. Some of these tools can help you create budgets and lay out costs specific to your enrollment situation.
Students who register for the NAVLE may submit a cost ofto have their Federal loan eligibility increased by the registration cost.
Students who attempt a preceptorship away from ISU may submit aand receipts for reimbursement of expenses paid after academic credit is earned for the preceptorship
When considering costs of attendance, please note:
- Total costs for attending Iowa State University may vary based on students’ lifestyles, majors, academic colleges, and academic progress
- Student tuition, fees, and charges for food & housing in university housing are set by the Iowa Board of Regents
- Food & Housing costs refer to the varied housing and dining choices made by the student; more information is available from the Department of Residence and ISU Dining
- Summer costs of attendance vary depending on each student’s situation — see Tuition and Fees for more information
- Juniors and seniors in some colleges are assessed tuition at a higher rate — see Tuition and Fees for more information
- All international students enrolled for 1 credit hour or more at Iowa State University are required to purchase the ISU Student & Scholar Medical Insurance Plan
- The Medical Insurance Plan cost IS NOT included in the International dollar amounts listed below