Information for Prospective Students
Looking for information about Admissions to Iowa State University?
Visit the Office of Admissions
It is important to remember to file the FAFSA before March 1 every year.
Learn more about the FAFSA.
Net Price Calculator
This Net Price Calculator will give undergraduate students an estimate of their financial aid award and EFC at Iowa State University.
Frequently Asked Questions
See a list of frequently asked questions.
All students should plan ahead for the financial responsibilities of attending college.
Learn about our planning tools.
Grant money is a need-based aid that is offered to students.
Learn more about grants.
Loans are an important type of financial aid offered to students and parents.
Learn more about loans
File Your FAFSA
Students who complete a FAFSA prior to March 1 but did not list Iowa State University as a recipient must have their FAFSA information submitted to Iowa State University no later than May 1 to be considered for priority financial aid, including the following aid types:
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Iowa State University (ISU) Grant
- Iowa Grant
- Federal Perkins Loan
- College Work Study (Federal or State)
Explaining Your Award Letter
Each academic year, students are provided with an award letter stating the amount of aid the Office of
Student Financial Aid can offer to the student.
Learn more about your award letter.
Learn about how to pay your bill as an Iowa State student.
Scholarships are available for students in different areas:
- The The Office of Admissions offers scholarships based on the information provided in the admission application.
- Scholarships are awarded based on your FAFSA and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- There are scholarships given by colleges and departments of the university. You can visit the individual colleges from the online database.
- Additional local, national, and private scholarships are listed in the scholarship database.
Don't forget to use the scholarship database to search the Office of Student Financial Aid's listing of available scholarships.
ISU Educational Gift Certificates
There is no better gift than the gift of education. An Iowa State University Educational Gift Certificate allows family and
friends to contribute to a student's educational expenses at Iowa State University.
Give an Iowa State University Educational Gift Certificate today!