Information for Newly Admitted Students
Financial Aid Checklist
Use the Financial Aid Checklist (PDF) to prepare for the coming school year.
Use the FAFSA 4Caster tool to help you with your FAFSA.
Financial Aid Calendar
View and print this handy Financial Aid calendar to remind you of important financial aid and university dates.
File Your FAFSA
Students who complete a FAFSA prior to March 1 but did not list Iowa State University as a recipient must have their FAFSA information submitted to Iowa State University no later than May 1 to be considered for priority financial aid, including the following aid types:
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Iowa State University (ISU) Grant
- Iowa Grant
- Federal Perkins Loan
- College Work Study (Federal or State)
Explaining Your Award Letter
Each academic year, students are provided with an award letter stating the amount of aid the Office of
Student Financial Aid can offer to the student.
Learn more about your award letter.
Learn about how to pay your bill as an Iowa State student.
Scholarships are available for students in different areas:
- The The Office of Admissions offers scholarships based on the information provided in the admission application.
- Scholarships are awarded based on your FAFSA and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- There are scholarships given by colleges and departments of the university. You can visit the individual colleges from the online database.
- Additional local, national, and private scholarships are listed in the scholarship database.
Don't forget to use the scholarship database to search the Office of Student Financial Aid's listing of available scholarships.