The Student Job Board is provided by the Student Employment Center (SEC) and offers a way for students to search for jobs that employers have posted.
The job board classifies jobs into several types of student employment:
- On-Campus These jobs are open to all Iowa State students who meet the requirements listed. They are located on campus and are mostly paid by the hour.
- Off-Campus These jobs are located in Ames and surrounding communities. The jobs may consist of light yard work, housework, food service, cashier and sales clerk positions, bookkeeping, child care, and farm help
- Federal Work Study These jobs are part of subsidized employment programs based on financial need. Learn more about work-study.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant Program This program offers students the chance to work closely with professors and research teams. Learn more about the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program.
- America Reads/America Counts This program offers students the chance to partner with Iowa schools and agencies to increase reading and math skills of local youth and promote college student mentoring and service to the community. Learn more about America Reads/America Counts.
To find a job on the Student Job Board:
- Log in to AccessPlus.
- Click on ‘Student Job Board’.
- Under ‘View Jobs’ in the left menu, choose to view jobs
- By Area
- By Location
- By Category
- Recently Posted
- Click on the job name in the main window to view information including requirements, hours, pay rate, and application details.