Information for Parents
Third Party Access
In order for parents to view student records pertaining to financial aid, the student must grant the parent third party access to the ISU online system of AccessPlus:
- The student logs into AccessPlus
- Under the "Student" tab, click "Third Party Access"
- The student then creates a third-party account and chooses what systems of AccessPlus to share with the parent or other third party.
- Turn the "Financial Aid" option to ON.
- A unique ID and password will be generated for the parent or other third party to log into AccessPlus.
We are unable to provide trivial student information such as ID numbers to parents on demand. Please ask your student if you need this sort of information.
Cost of Attendance
Examine the estimated cost of attendance to plan for expected expenses.
Federal Direct PLUS Loan
The Federal Direct PLUS Loan is available for parents of a dependent student to cover educational costs not already covered by the student's financial aid package.
Student Records Privacy (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.
Use these planning tools to help better understand your child's financial situation at Iowa State University.
Financial Aid Calendar
View and print this handy Financial Aid calendar to remind you of important financial aid and university dates.
View policies involving the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Paying Your Bill
Read about the options available when paying your university bill.
ISU Gift Certificate
Family and friends now have the option of funding a student's education with a gift certificate!