Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP) Grant
This is a grant offered to D.C. residents for education or training beyond the high school level. In order to be eligible for this grant, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Only U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens may apply
- Be established as a D.C. resident for 18+ months prior to application for LEAP
- Have substantial financial need and be in good academic standing.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis
- File a new application for LEAP every year (award is not automatically renewed or guaranteed)
- File a FAFSA and submit a photocopy of the Student Aid Report with the LEAP application
Applicants for financial aid applying for the Federal LEAP Grant must first complete the FAFSA. More information can be obtained by calling (877) 485-6751, or by visiting the Department of Education website.
DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program
441 4th St. NW
Room 350 North
Washington D.C. 20001