Information for Prospective Tutors
America Reads & America Counts tutors are undergraduate college students who are interested in helping elementary and middle school students improve their math and reading skills.
- Tutors work one-on-one or in small groups to help young students gain confidence and learn the joy of reading & mathematics.
- Any Iowa State undergraduate student who is work-study eligible is encouraged to apply for this program.
- Students will receive of training prior to their placements, as well as periodic training throughout their terms of service.
- All students will be paid through the Federal Work-Study Program.
Interested applicants must:
- Be work-study eligible as determined by the FAFSA
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Submit an application and be interviewed by AR/AC staff
- Pass a background check
- Commit to attend all required training and reflection sessions
- Fill out the Student Application: