Information for Educators
Thank you for agreeing to have an AR/AC Tutor in your classroom! The primary goal of the Iowa State University America Reads/America Counts program is to provide support for students' reading and mathematical capabilities. Before you get started:
You Should Know That Your AR/AC Tutor:
- Was subject to a Sex Offender Registry check
- Has been interviewed by the AR/AC staff
- May not be an education major
- Participated in AR/AC training sessions
- Arrives with much enthusiasm, many talents, and is eager to work with the children
- It is a allowed to tutor in math through 8th grade, and reading through 6th grade
We Encourage You To:
- Take time to get to know your AR/AC Tutor (it may be helpful to exchange phone numbers or e-mail addresses).
- Create a game plan with which both of you are comfortable.
- Discuss classroom rules.
- Designate a place for the AR/AC Tutor to place their belongings.
- Discuss dress code.
One Final Note:
An important factor in the success of the ISU America Reads/America Counts Program is to promote a positive and productive teacher-tutor working relationship. If you have any questions of concerns about the performance of your AR/AC tutor, the staff will be happy to discuss the situation and, if necessary, make staffing changes to your classroom.