How do I …
Are you a …
New to Iowa State UniversityThe Office of Student Financial Aid is excited to welcome all of our new students and their families to campus! As you prepare financially for fall term, make sure you check out important dates and financial resources from orientation on our New to ISU page.
Osher Reentry ScholarshipThis scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who are between the ages of 25 to 50 and pursuing their first bachelor's degree. More information on this scholarship can be found in our scholarship page. The scholarship deadline is September 18, 2015.
Fall Student To-do ListISU students should review the following before the fall semester starts:
- If you have recently submitted verification documents, please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- On www.studentloans.gov:
- First time Federal Stafford loan borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will need your FSA ID to login. New as of May 10, 2015, visit create the FSA ID for instructions to replace your federal PIN number.
- Parents of dependent students may apply for the Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan. The parent must login with their own FSA ID, not the student's FSA ID. Once logged in, click the "Request a Direct PLUS Loan" link to start the application.
- On AccessPlus:
- Check "Aid Status" to confirm your fall aid is clear to apply to the U-Bill on August 19th.
- You must accept, reduce or decline your federal loans every semester using the "Accept/Decline Loan" link.
Beware of scam artists posing as official representatives (either the IRS or law enforcement) asking for financial information over the phone. Two recent warnings have been issued:
Contact either the Federal Trade Commission or the IRS if you are targeted by a scam artist. Details are included in the links above.
Starting May 10, 2015 - Federal PIN to FSA ID ConversionStudents, parents and borrowers must create a FSA ID. Your FSA ID is a username and password required to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your current PIN will no longer function for login purposes.
- Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov, www.nslds.ed.gov, www.studentaid.gov, www.studentloans.gov, or www.teach-ats.ed.gov to create a FSA ID; use the instructions below
- www.pin.ed.gov - website has been removed
For further assistance, visit our FAD ID Conversion Assistance page, or instructional videos are available on youtube by searching 'FSA USER ID'.